Thursday, June 25, 2009

First and second assignments

I started taking a correspondence course through the Institute of Childrens Literature (www.institutechildrenslit.com). I submitted assignment 1 and got the review comments from my instructor. Not bad for a first try, but now I know where I need to work the most. This has been fun, but it sure is a lot of work. It's been an adventure so far.

I am currently working on assignment 2. It's been a true challenge, but I think I finally have a nice plot, and a great conflict to work with. Now I just need to finish working up my first draft. Once that is done, I will put it aside for a day or two, then come back and start working on editing the work. I figure if I can get through at least the most basic of editing issues, then my instructor and I can work on getting to the meat of the lessons, and really start turning out some work that I might be able to submit to publishers.

And, we're off on another (mis)adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment